Travis and I traveled to Denver today for a regular orthopedic check-up at Children's Leg Length Discrepancy Clinic. His prior orthopedist at Children's moved to another facility this summer and this was T's first appointment with his "new" bone doctor. He did great for the new doc and x-rays, he's quite the pro at standing on the blocks/stands and holding still. Although Denver is much closer, we feel the doctors best suited for Travis' specific NF and bone issues (and the family) are the doctors in Salt Lake City.
After T's orthopedic appointment, we picked up his new Lightning McQueen shoes with a lift though the company in Denver. They did a great job on these shoes and T is adjusting really good to his new "walk". The shoes we had done through Shriners are the next size up, so we are ready for the ever-growing feet of little kids.
Travis and I hung out in Denver for the afternoon and enjoyed some Blue Bell ice cream on a nice fall day. Yes, we did find a place in Denver that sells Blue Bell. :) We met with our friend Julie and her daughter Sara, Travis' age with similar NF-related issues, for dinner. It was great to have the kids play together and Julie and I could visit about our kids and offer support to each other.
We are still deciding about the rapamycin /sirolimus clinical drug trial. Thank you again for your prayers, thoughts, and support.
It was great to see you guys last night!! Hopefully we can hang out again soon. I think it is a great support opportunity for both us as mothers and for our kids. I know I love the fact that they no longer have to feel all alone since they have similar issues. Not to mention that they are just too cute together, and seem to be best buddies already!
ReplyDeleteHugs and Love! :)