Travis felt wonderful when he woke up this morning. :) We packed up, checked out of Children's Inn, ate breakfast (Fruit Loops today), and headed to Peds Clinic for his quick checkup. The injection site looks great, barely see where he got the shot. We reviewed his side effects from last night (fever, chills, headache, fatigue), nothing different from what they expected. Travis' vital signs looked great and they cleared Travis to return home. :)
 |
| Fruit Loops! |
I wore my blue CTF shirt and a parent came over to me and we started talking. His daughter, 12 years old, also has NF1 and she participated in the Dr. Seuss night fun at the Children's Inn on Monday night. We talked while the kids played in the waiting area and swapped stories. The time arrived for Travis and I to travel back to the Children's Inn to get our suitcase and then catch the shuttle bus from the Clinical Center to BWI airport, Baltimore.
 |
| All clear to return to Salt Lake City |
We arrived at the airport and asked the ticketing agent if there were any options for Travis and I to take an earlier flight back to Salt Lake City. She looked and she could book us on a nonstop flight leaving in ~45 minutes. We quickly went through security and made our way to the gate at the end of the B concourse. Most people already boarded the plane; however, Travis and I found 2 seats near the back where he could get a window seat. I let Scott know the flight change and that we would arrive around 5p instead of 10p. :)
Travis started feeling puny again during the flight, no real fever, but you could tell he was uncomfortable. I gave him medicine and he took a nap for part of the way back. I'll get in touch with Wendy/Anne and NIH and see if other patients experienced anything similar (and to let them know).
 |
| T napping on the plane |
We arrived and unfortunately Travis' power chair connector piece got damaged during this leg of the trip. It appears as though the cord was underneath something heavy and the heavy piece moved. The connector will connect; however, the connector doesn't have anything to hold it in place, it could easily come apart on a bump. The gate agent already contacted the baggage department by the time Travis and I arrived in their office. Forms were already being filled out and I will be contacting the mobility team for T and they can figure out what needs to be replaced. Southwest pays for the repairs.
We are happy to be home, thrilled to see Scott, Nolan, and Barrett; I think they are just as thrilled to see Travis too. We appreciate the help of the Southwest Airlines ticketing agent at BWI that arranged for Travis and I to get on the earlier flight, plus it was nonstop. Tomorrow Travis returns to school and the routine of first grade. Thanks be to God!
No comments:
Post a Comment