Sunday, February 23, 2014

Arrived at NIH Campus

Travis and I safely arrived at the NIH Campus in Bethesda, Maryland. Thanks to Miracle Flights for Kids, we flew on a direct flight from Salt Lake City to Baltimore on Southwest Airlines. Southwest offered WiFi on our flight and free limited channels on Dish Network. Yes, we were able to watch part of the Daytona 500 on the airplane, until the rains came to Daytona. Travis also played cars and racing games on the flight, not surprising. ;)
Watching the Daytona 500 on the plane
Racing cars on the flight
We just missed the free shuttle from the Baltimore airport to the NIH, so we found a place to eat dinner and watch some NASCAR coverage. :) After dinner we headed to the shuttle pickup location and chatted with a friendly lady on the way home from a Methodist conference. Pretty cool!

We arrived at the Children's Inn, like a Ronald McDonald House, and checked in. Due to remodeling at the Children's Inn, we are staying at an apartment-like place a little distance from the Inn, yet still across the street from the NIH main building. We feel a little disconnected from the Inn's activities since it's a walk, but we will be at appointments most of Monday so I'm not sure how much we'd be there.

It's interesting being on a federal campus, we had to go through screening upon arrival...even taking the bags off the shuttle bus.Travis stayed on the shuttle while I went inside...apparently T was telling jokes while I was getting checked in. The driver and other people on the bus were laughing and enjoying Travis.

The internet is slow here, but I'll try to update when I can. Thank you for all the prayers and support for Travis and our family. As before, we know God has Travis and our family in His hands. So many reminders today.

No comments:

Post a Comment