Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Chance? NF Meeting

I don't believe in coincidences and haven't for several years. I believe that God has our lives intertwined, like on a large tapestry. To me things don't happen randomly, they are part of God's big picture that we only are a small part. One example happened several years ago when we went to eat at Sanford's in Cheyenne, the wait was long, and we ended up at Jackson's and running into Sam, Nolan's former baseball coach. That helped get the ball rolling for us to come to Salt Lake City for a second opinion and eventual move. There are many, many more.

The past few days have been filled with prayers and conversations with God. In addition to the obvious requests, I asked for peace of mind and reminding me to keep my eyes open for God's happenings. Tonight I got a reminder. While at A&M, a Freeb!rds World Burrito opened and many an Aggie found a new favorite place to eat. Freebirds opened many locations across Texas and the southern US, just opened their first Utah location (today may have been the first full day they were open). Scott, the kids and I went there tonight and we ended up meeting an adult with NF. Talking with that individual was exactly what I needed. This person provides another great reminder of all that is possible.

Part of me feels tonight was connected back to my years at A&M, the introduction to Freebirds and good food. A "setting-the-stage" for tonight's meeting, if you will. We didn't go to any of the trial menu days, instead tonight...the right time. Thank you God for the reminder, love, and caring.

No comments:

Post a Comment