Almost 2 weeks ago Travis started mentioning that his stomach hurt. We kept an eye on him wondering if it could be related to hunger, constipation, who knows what. That weekend he had the strange virus (not strep) with the fever and sore throat. Last Thursday when I picked up Travis from school, he was really upset and said that his stomach really hurt. I called T's pediatrician and we went through some basic trouble-shooting over the phone. The pediatrician said that it didn't sound constipation related and suggested we try Tums and contact Dr. Viskochil regarding the issue and to check in with him again next week.
I sent an email to Dr. V and he wondered if it could be related to the virus Travis had the weekend prior. (One of the things that doctor mentioned was that the virus she suspected could also bring GI issues.) He wanted to see how the weekend went and check back in on Monday.
Since it was Palm Sunday, the kids at our church walk in the sanctuary waving palm branches. Travis didn't want to walk nor wave the branch and got very frustrated when Barrett tried to help. T wanted to be away from everyone and I knew something was up. In talking with Travis to determine the source of his frustration, he started crying saying his stomach hurt. :( I took him with me and was feeling better when it was time for his Sunday School to start). Monday morning rolled around and when I went in to get Travis up for schoool, the first thing he told me was that his stomach hurt.
Through all of this Travis continues to eat fine and no other visible issues. He can be distracted by other things and seems to be good as far as we can visibly see. I checked in on him Monday morning while volunteering at the boys' school and he was participating with the class.
I checked in via email with Dr. Viskochil Monday and he's heard that the virus in question hangs around longer than usual. He wondered how we felt waiting a few more days and seeing what happens. Since T is able to pretty much continue through his day with no major issues (and still plays "Cars", my ultimate go-to guide when determining how he feels), we decided to wait and see what happens.
Monday night while brushing his teeth, we discovered 2 new mouth sores...one small and one a little larger. :( He hasn't said much about them since then and I'm guessing we caught these early on as well. I'm not sure what is different this time around since he's getting mouth sores in the first 2 courses. Travis is drinking more water when he takes the Rapamycin this time around. Who knows.
His next 90 day course of the medication arrived yesterday afternoon and one of the bottles was leaking. Several phone calls later and the Rapamycin manufacturer will be sending us another bottle. Shriners was able to fit Travis in tomorrow afternoon for his rescheduled wheelchair appointment.
Thank you for your continued prayers. As we move through Holy Week, I am continually reminded of God's unfailing love for all.
No comments:
Post a Comment