Thursday, December 9, 2010

Settled in at Ronald McDonald House

Travis and I had another good trip to Salt Lake City today, made it in under 7 hours.  We are so lucky he's a good traveler.  Fortunately, were able to get into the Ronald McDonald House for this trip and Travis absolutely loves it here.  We dropped off a few things to the research coordinator and picked up more blood kits for the upcoming weeks.  Thinking that's a sign of the next few weeks.  I figured it would take a little bit to get the trough amount for him dialed in.  Hopefully, once we figure that out, he'll be set for a while.

Tomorrow morning he has another blood draw and lab work.  We meet with Dr. Viskochil in the morning and go to get the prescriptions for course 2.  It has been ~2 months since he's seen Travis, not necessarily a bad thing.  He may notice if there are any subtle changes and he hasn't seen Travis with his recent shoe lifts.  Should be another good informative appointment.  Sometimes I wish I could video or audio tape these meetings so I can remember all we cover.  I'm able to take some notes, so that is helpful. 

We are so thankful and grateful for all the help of our friends back in Cheyenne.  They are tremendous help to get Nolan and Barrett to their various activities while Scott's at work.  We appreciate all the prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment