Monday, November 25, 2013

Waiting...

Travis continues to use his walker more each day, increasing his endurance each day. No volumetric results from NCI, and we're more than 1/3 of the way to the next MRI. Tom Petty is right, waiting is the hardest part. I'm ready to know what direction we will take for Travis' medical care regarding his tumor. Dr. Viskochil will be meeting with one of the doctors (and contact person for the mek-inhibitor clinical trial) from the National Institutes of Health between now and T's December visit. I think he said he will see Travis the day after seeing her, I'm not 100% certain.

Again this week, Travis is almost in tears when I drop him off at school...he wants me to stay in his room...ALL DAY. This follows from him being in a foul mood on school mornings and yelling at me (and brothers) about any little thing, that's been happening for over a year. My "mom radar" is on alert. A quick talk this morning and his left leg/thigh is hurting. I wish he would tell me when he hurts so I can give him medicine, seek alternative pain relief like reflexology/spinal touch, and just know something on how to best help him. I'm tired of being yelled at out of his frustration/hurt.

Through all this there are other times where you see great smiles and enjoyment on his face. T's the bravest person I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment