Wednesday, January 11, 2012

T's Sick

Unfortunately Travis caught one of the bugs going around.  :(  He started not feeling well on Monday afternoon and running a low fever, after I told the research coordinator he was doing fine.  Note to self...don't mention that he didn't catch the bug the rest of us had...surest way to guarantee he'd get something.  ;)  I called the research coordinator to check what medicines are OK for T to have while on the drug trial.  She informed Dr. Viskochil of Travis' illness.  Since T's fever decided to go up somewhat quickly during Monday afternoon, I called T's pediatrician.  We all decided the best route is watch and see and call the pediatrician on Tues morning for an update.

Tuesday morning I talked with Dr. Swensen, T's pediatrician, and based on the symptoms he felt it's viral.  He said to call back if T gets worse or has fevers in the 103-104F range and he may want to repeat the CBC earlier than Friday morning.  Yesterday evening T's temp went up more and we had to do both ibuprofen and tylenol to get his temp down.  He occasionally coughs and it sounds yucky. 

I ended up taking T into the pediatrician's office this morning, his regular pediatrician was off today.  T's lungs sound good and that doc thinks viral.  We're to check in with Dr. Swensen Thursday morning and call their office before if T gets worse. 

T hasn't felt like playing cars or doing much at all, and he LOVES to play cars.  He rested all day yesterday and pretty much most of today.  Hopefully he'll want to have something to eat and start to feel better soon.  Not much we can do for anything viral other than treat symptoms and rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment