We heard today from T's Geneticist that the MRI Volumetric Analysis showed no tumor progression! Praise God! This is great news, especially considering it was growing >20% this time last year.
Travis starts Pre-K next week and he's very excited. I met with his teachers Wednesday and he was able to meet them and see his classroom today. He found the train table right away and spent most of the time playing trains or cars on the nearby counter. He met several of his classmates and and they played great together. We looked around the rest of the room when we were getting ready to leave and he found many more cool things to play with and explore. He's ready to start tomorrow; however, he starts on Tuesday. I was able to tell him in 5 more wake-ups it'll be his 1st day at school. :)
His teachers are very nice and we will all be working with the school district to get him what services he may need. This is a new adventure for us and probably his main teacher. He did great at his Cheyenne preschool. I'm sure things will come along the way, but this gives us an idea of things to expect in a public school setting when he starts Kindergarten. Some Pre-K programs here are run through and in the elementary schools.
Since the last posting, Travis is walking significantly less by himself. Even 1.5 weeks ago he was walking through most of the house, now he's crawling or scooting. He is reluctant to walk even holding on to our hands or fingers. As God continually lines things up for Travis (and us too), we saw Travis' PA in the lobby at Shriners yesterday (they are making T another "boot"/brace and they had to make the form). The PA asked how he was doing and I told him how Travis started walking way less shortly after I talked with him last week. Travis wanted to keep playing with his cars and couldn't be convinced to try to walk for the PA by himself. We're not sure if Travis overdid things when he started walking and he's sore, he doesn't want to walk as a form of control, or something else. T is weaker on the left side and that has shown up more since he's spent most of the summer in a cast.
Travis has been battling a cold/virus since last Friday night and that also may be contributing to his walking less by himself. I knew he wasn't feeling good when he wanted to sit on my lap and take a nap Tuesday. I took him in to see his Pediatrician Tuesday and he felt that T had a virus. He felt better Tuesday evening and more the past 2 days. However, he still doesn't want to walk independently.
The PA and I decided that we would see how Travis does the first few days of school and I will give him a call the end of next week. We're hoping that seeing other kids his age walking around in the classroom will give T the encouragement to walk on his own again.
Thank you for all your prayers, thoughts, and support for Travis and our family. He's been through so much and still handles things like a champion. He has his PT evaluation next Wednesday and it'll be interesting to see how that goes. He'll have his new "boot" from Shriners in the next few weeks too.
No comments:
Post a Comment