We heard from Travis' research coordinator Wednesderay and Travis' medicine level was IN the target range for the end of course 11. Woohoo! He's had a long road to get to this point; however, he hung in there through the weekly draws until the right dose was reached. :) What a kid!
He's been asking almost daily when his new "boot" would be ready at Shriners since he went in there ~3 weeks ago to get the mold made of his leg. Shriners called on Wednesday and his "Nemo boot" is ready. We go in in the morning for the fitting. T picked out another boot with fish, although this one looks more like a picture than a cool drawing. Here's to seeing Nemo on his brace. :)
The NF Walk is quickly approaching and I had an amazing opportunity to participate in an interview this morning with Maurice Simpson ("My Brand New Face") for Radio Disney in Salt Lake City. This was a great opportunity to spread awareness about Neurofibromatosis and the role of the Children's Tumor Foundation. The segment airs on Radio Disney (I think in SLC only) this Sunday at 6:30a on 910 AM. They also provided great items for our raffle. Maurice is very nice and is an inspiration to many, even those without NF.
Thank you for your generous support for Team Travis. I'm speechless. Wow!
Thanks for the timing of the Disney interview. I hope you had fun. I will try to listen to it!
ReplyDelete