Thursday, May 19, 2011

Still Waiting for T's MRI Volumetric Analysis Report and Move Update

Ahhh...been a crazy few days around here with the move out of our house (see below).  At times I'm thankful for the distraction to keep my mind off the waiting for Travis' MRI Volumetric Analysis report.  Today marks 3 weeks from Travis' MRI in Salt Lake City.  I'm in contact with the research coordinator and she is checking on things for us.  I'm hoping we'll hear something on Friday.

As for the move, Scott is getting adjusted to his new job in Salt Lake City and our dog is fairing well too.  Most of the details for the move are being handled through a relocation company and we are very thankful to have that as a benefit of this transfer.  My parents were to fly up last weekend to help out with the kids since Scott's in Salt Lake City; unfortunately, my dad got really sick last Friday (he's doing much, much better now) and they had to cancel their trip.  Texts and phone calls were frantically sent out and we are so fortunate to have wonderful friends that volunteered to help shortly after the texts and calls.  We had a few adjustments to the morning schedule, but the kids were able to get to school and their activities that weren't rained or snowed out.   I know, it's May and we're still dealing with snow.

The packers came on Monday and pretty much packed up the house in 1 day.  The movers finished loading the truck by 4p on Tuesday and were on their way to SLC by 4:30p, right as the rain started.  I had to be at the house both days the entire time the packers and movers were there.  We had many, many friends help out with taking the boys to where they needed to be.  Thank you Carl, Darcy, Tommy, Micah, Lori and family, Carol, Natalie and family, and those willing to be available (Derek, Cindy, Adrienne, Debbie and Becca). We could not have survived that part of the move without your help. 

After Travis' physical therapy on Wednesday, we went out to the house to do the final sweeping and vacuuming.  He and I enjoyed a nice picnic lunch outside during the break in the weather.  The kids and I went back out to the house after school on Wed to say our goodbye to the house.  (We're living in a hotel for ~3 weeks.)  We had a fun night Wed night watching N bridge to Webelos and B to Wolf.  In all this on Wed, we needed to get the suburban into the shop for some things that needed done before the drive to SLC.  Thank you Jozy in helping us have a car to drive to where we needed to be.  :)

Today (Thursday) was a calm day compared to the previous days despite the 3" of snow.  The suburban is fixed and we turned in our keys and garage door openers to our real estate agent.  We close on our house in SLC at the end of the month and kids and I will be here a little more than 2 weeks.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support for Travis and our family.

1 comment:

  1. No, no, no! You can't be moving so soon! We haven't gotten together yet. :(

    I don't know what your schedule looks like, but Sara and I would love to have you guys down for dinner and a play date before you go.

    Let me know what works for you! Our schedule is pretty easy for the next couple of weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete