Travis had his blood draw on Friday morning (4/15) and once again he was a trooper. Fortunately for the nurses, he doesn't hold a grudge and he's all smiles right after they are done. We've learned that he can watch videos on my cell phone when they do the "pokes". He likes watching his favorite cartoons and that helps him through the process. It works and we'll take it. The blood will be sent out on Monday and we should have the results mid- to late-week. If the results of this blood draw show that he's in range again, no pokes until his MRI on the 28th. :)
I had the opportunity to attend a NF Women's Gathering today in Denver. This is an amazing, supportive group of ladies that come together once a year to connect and share experiences with NF and life in general. While our journeys are different, we leave with a renewed energy from the connection and sharing. I will miss seeing these ladies after our family's move to Salt Lake City. Maybe I can get back for these each year as part of a girls weekend. ;)
Speaking of our move to Salt Lake City, we found a house when we were in Salt Lake City for the older boys' Spring Break earlier this month. A quick picture of our home-to-be in Salt Lake City...note the "house" in the tree in front of the house.
Our house here is under contract and we're expecting to close in mid-May or so. All of us will be in Salt Lake City in early June and the kids' activities will start shortly after we arrive.
God's presence is throughout this entire journey in our family's life. He is actively working in our lives and helping Travis. Praise God! Thank you for all your support of Travis and our family.
Good Luck in SLC!! I enjoyed meeting you at the meeting!
ReplyDeleteHUGS
I'm so glad you had a great time at the Woman's Day event. I really wanted to attend, but I didn't have anyone to watch Sara. :(
ReplyDeleteThat house is so cute! I love it! I'm sure at some point I'll get the chance to see it in person, right? ;)