First, Travis did great during his MRI this morning and he even started getting ready for the MRI in the "Cars" room. :) He wasn't sure he wanted to be at the hospital at 6:30a, but he had fun playing with the toys. He was very brave when they put the IV in and he even got to pick out 2 cars. The nurse that started the IV was very quick and it turns out she was on the IV team for 13 years. His MRI lasted about 50 minutes and they carried him out to the recovery area.
This time he was a little more sleepy coming out from sedation and we were there a little longer than before. I don't think it was an overage of sedative, more he was comfortable sleeping and wanted to be left alone. He was able to tell us that he wanted a donut or waffle for his snack, surprised he didn't want the cookies they were offering. One of the other nurses was called in to see if he was ok to go home since he hadn't had anything to eat and only small sips of water (again, preferred to sleep). She was fine with that as long as I was ok taking him back to the hotel, and I was. Shortly after that time, he started really waking up and ate his cookies. ;)
He still wanted his donut, so we stopped at the cafe on the way out to the car and he picked out and ate his donut. We made it back to the hotel and met up with Nancy. I am very thankful to have her with us on this trip for the companionship and her help today, God knew I would need her help today. I needed to go have the tires on the Suburban checked out since the tire sensor came on again this morning. So, I was going to drop off some lab work at the hospital that we weren't able to get in the morning, go get the tires checked out, and run a few errands. Nancy offered to stay at the hotel with Travis while he played with cars and napped.
I go to the Suburban and one of the tires was flat. I came back into the room and Nancy asked if I was a AAA member (we are). I called AAA and they sent out a guy that was able to inflate the tire so I could take it to the national chain where we bought the tires. We made it to the tire store and turns out there was a problem with the tire; luckily, it was still under warranty. I talked with Scott and he remembered that since the Suburban is AWD (all wheel drive), we need to replace all 4 tires at the same time. Fortunately, the tires were near the end of their tread life. We talked with the guy at the store and he said yes, he didn't realize the Suburban was AWD since he didn't work on it. So we ended up replacing all 4 tires today, and yes I was able to drop off T's lab work.
I am very, very thankful that the tire went flat in a parking lot after Travis' MRI and not while we were traveling. At least we were not in the middle of nowhere with no store close by. In addition, I was able to go to the national chain store and the cost of one tire was covered under warranty. Another example of God providing for our family while we are on this journey in our lives. He is AMAZING!
Tomorrow morning Travis has an appointment at Shriners and then we see Dr. Viskochil for the end of course 6 exam. We are planning to head back home after the appointments since another weather system is moving in. It may be late before I have a chance to post about Friday's appointments. Thank you for your continued support and prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment