I spoke with "Mr. Mark", Travis' physical therapist, this morning that we bought Travis a bike and find out what we need to do to get the bike adapted at Shriners. He said to bring the bike to his office so they could add the Fatwheels and pedals, a separate appointment would be made for the fitting of the bike to Travis. I received a phone call this afternoon, turns out they had a cancellation this afternoon. We gladly too the appointment. I told T when I picked him up from school that he would get his bike this afternoon, he said "Yes". :)
![]() |
| Love seeing that smile...he's so happy |
![]() |
| Pedaling in the Shriners gym |
![]() |
| T's "Cars" bike |
As you can see, he was SO excited and happy. The orthotic department sewed a piece of velcro onto Travis' left shoe to help keep his foot pointed correctly on the pedal. The physical therapist also added a velcro strap on the right to help with pedaling.
We so appreciate all the various members of Travis' medical team at Shriners. So many times I've watched them think outside the box to develop a plan to help Travis and the areas where NF affects him. They seem to approach these challenges as a way to stretch their thinking to be able to help a child, and the smiles on their faces when T's face lights up is priceless. They, like Travis, are amazing. Thanks be to God!
We so appreciate all the various members of Travis' medical team at Shriners. So many times I've watched them think outside the box to develop a plan to help Travis and the areas where NF affects him. They seem to approach these challenges as a way to stretch their thinking to be able to help a child, and the smiles on their faces when T's face lights up is priceless. They, like Travis, are amazing. Thanks be to God!



No comments:
Post a Comment