I headed back to the MRI waiting room after breakfast. Our new Associate Pastor, Pastor Pat, arrived shortly thereafter and we learned we knew several people in common from our backgrounds in weather and weather broadcast tv. Small world. I am thankful for the visiting with Pastor Pat as I noticed Travis' MRI time in the tube was extending beyond the usual 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Nearly 2 hours after heading out of the MRI room, the sedation nurse came to tell me that T was done. My mind was starting to spin a little bit.
Travis did great during the MRI and was sleeping great when I saw him around 9:20 (I think it was about that time). The nurse stated that some of the images were fuzzy and they had to re-do part of the MRI. A radiologist does a quick review of the MRI scans while T (the same with others having MRIs done) is still in the tube. The radiologist wanted to get scans further down T's left (tumor) leg, so those were done as well. Due to the extra MRI time, Travis started to wake up some. This can happen (the first time for T), and the sedation nurse gave T 2 sedatives and T fell back asleep soon.
I don't know the reason why the radiologist wanted to image further down T's leg. Sometimes the images stop just below T's knee and the plexiform extends beyond the end of the scan. Hopefully the radiologist wanted to capture a complete image/visual field of the plexiform to see the extent.
Travis woke up enough to eat 4 Oreos and drink a little water, then we headed out of recovery to the cafeteria for donuts. :) We arrived home around 11a and T asked to go play cars. He played a few minutes and quickly fell asleep playing.
![]() | |
| MRI sedation makes for great naps |
Thank you for continued prayers and support. We've known about Travis' plexiform for over 1/2 of his life now. God provided me support today as T's MRI ran almost twice as long as usual. He places so many people at the right time in our path, absolutely amazing to see this unfold. I will update as we know more regarding the MRI results, right now the "Vacation" song is running through my head.

No comments:
Post a Comment