Most of Travis' conversations are pretty predictable...cars, racing, stuffed animal kitty, brothers, breakfast, etc. Sometimes he gives us glimpse into the other areas he thinks about. This morning on the way to take the kids to school Travis stated, "I don't want to die in Salt Lake City." *tears*
Not quite sure where that thought came from and it took me quite by surprise. Our cat died last year, my grandmother died earlier this year, and Easter was last month, so he's familiar with the thought of death. Travis also wanted to know when he'll die. The connection of death and that he'll die one day was not something I thought I would hear when I woke up this morning. Travis knows he has his turn at the doctors' offices, school, therapy, etc. I don't know if this is an extension of his turn to do things.
Today was one of those moments where our kids show us the wisdom beyond their years.
Sara has asked me recently about when she is going to die as well. Its obviously on her mind with the three recent deaths that have occurred in the family.
ReplyDeleteThe thing that caught me the most though was when she asked if I was going to die soon too. Instant tears! There are no right answers for these kinds of questions.